Friday, June 15, 2012

Huraches

Wasn't real sure about these, but the Wife got me a pair of huraches from Luna Sandals from Barefoot Ted's little company. At first I was a little skeptical, but after a couple of runs I think I like them. They feel enough like barefoot. Pretty sure I'm going to get another pair of them - custom fit this time. Not sure that I need the custom fit, but for an extra $15, I think it might be nice.
Hurache Running Sandals

Two complaints so far. Being that they have no uppers the rocks and grit get under your foot and the sole of the shoe. Normally when you're barefooting, this isn't a problem. The rocks just fall off your foot. Now they have something to get stuck between. For the most part they go away, but every now and then I'd have to stop and pick out a particularly sharp one that wouldn't go away. My other complaint is with the laces. The Wife got me the ATS elastic laces that they promote on the website. I have to try it again tomorrow, but I had to stop a few times to tighten the laces up. Not sure if its the laces just settling in, or if it's the elastic. If I get a custom set, I might just get the hemp laces.

So far I'm pretty pleased. Hope I'm pleased in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment