Thursday, October 11, 2012

Catch Up 10/11

Well... Not sure how much mileage I've done since I last posted. Probably not much. This last month has been pretty sloppy. Totally unmotivated to run and with all the house stuff going on, it's too easy to not run. Forced myself out the day before Octoberfest. Forced myself out today; I've just got to hang on a bit until this CHaD Half is done and then I'm taking a break.

My right ankle is kind of buggering up. Pain starts on top of the ankle, towards the back, but moves toward the inside of calf. Don't think it slows me down but it is uncomfortable. Might be tendonitis, or some other overuse thing.

Octoberfest went okay. Wore the huraches - regular shoes hurt my ankles at this point - and got some looks. Really wanted to place in the top three - didn't. I went out slow, and negative split, but probably should have gone out faster. Instead of going with the leaders I tried to play catch up. The first two guys were 5:10ish, so they were probably out of the picture, but I could have gotten third - and a shit ton of free beer. Oh well. Next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment