Sunday, October 21, 2012

CHaD Half 10/21

Total choke. Last three weeks or so have been hell training. Low miles, nothing on the track. Really dogged it, and it showed today. Pacing was off something fierce. First mile was 6:00, then 5:30, then 6:30. Go figure... They started the 5k and Half together so I wasn't sure what to do. I wanted to go out with the leaders, but previously some fast 5ks had been run so I didn't want to get caught up in it... Bad idea. Not to mention the 100 Jack Asses all racing out of the gate and stopping 100 yards later.

I managed to get into third by a good 30 seconds or so, and then I had a nasty side stitch of the likes I've never seen and I actually stopped... First race in my life I've stopped. I stopped for 1:30 - 2:00 minutes got passed by third and fourth place. Finally caught up to fourth place, and then just sort of gave up. Stopping totally did me in mentally. Got passed by two more guys in the last 100 yards just because I didn't give a shit. Embarrassed of this race. Not even sure my time right now - 1:21:xx.

Time for a break I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment